Blog Archive

2.5.13

Out with the old, in with the blue

It´s weird to write again after all of these months. Maybe even a little awkward, like bumping into an old boyfriend at a bad party. I took a quick glance at my previous posts and it made me realize how much things have changed in just a matter of months. I went from being a baby obsessed , married housewife to a single, blue haired full - time working woman who considers herself lucky if she finds time to eat. I have to admit, I'm still pretty baby obsessed but ssst, don't tell anyone. How the hell am I supposed to find a date that way. Don't be a cockblocker.

See, I was dead serious about the blue hair.

  People who know i'm infertile keep telling me that life has more to offer than reproduction. That i'll find ways to fill that void in my life. Whether those ways be travelling, partying, shopping or taking up a freakishly awesome hobby like knitting. But how right are they? In the end it doesn't matter how cool a trip to Cabo is, it will never make you forget you´re dealing with a chronic condition. Unless you empty the mini bar. Which I find a perfectly acceptable way to deal with things sometimes too, it just sucks that the forgetfulness is temporary.

My point is that there's a big difference between making a concious choice not to have kids and having nature make that choice for you.

I'm 22,  live in a beautiful appartament and have an amazing social life. But at the end of the day, when I kick my impractical heels off and look in the mirror I feel exactly what I felt years ago. Empty. 

I'm still figuring out what the hell to do with myself.

This idiotically unpredictable chapter in my life might make for a good blogread and you're cordially invited to take this journey with me. Imagine us whining about babies men, life, sex and bad fashion choices while drinking wine and eating brie. That's exactly what readig my blog'll be like.







1 comment:

  1. Wow...so much has changed for you. And yet, some things haven't changed :( Infertility still sucks. What I want to know is how you got from point A to point B. How did you end up single? And I love the blue hair! Fill us in on the blanks, when you get a minute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill