Blog Archive

25.11.11

Baby anxiety


"Can I even get pregnant? If I do manage to get pregnant, will my baby be okay? Please lord, let me have a healthy baby."  I'm telling you girls, i'm stressing out. Not because I don't want this baby, because god knows I do. But maybe I want it so much that I set ridiculously high standards for myself and my husband. Last year I really thought I could be the perfect parent. There's obviously no such thing. The only thing this mindset would perfect would be the greystreaks in my hair. I'm just terrified because there are so many things that can go wrong in pregnancy and there are so many things I could screw up in a kid. Messageboards are a huge help when you're trying to have a baby and the support is truly amazing but at some point you have to log off and take a frickin' chill pill. I know these ladies have been trough a lot but seriously, all the posts about miscarriages, molar pregnancies, ectopic pregnancies, autisme and...UGH there's just too much out there, I can't relax and I'm not even pregnant yet...this is probably one of the reasons I'm still not with child and I need to do something about it. Especially after reading this

My mom inspired this post. She knows how worried I am (about everything!) she couldn't be more different from me. She is such a laidback woman, which probably explains why I have two brothers.

I'm a huge worrier. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably already noticed. I can keep myself up for hours at night thinking about all the scary stuff. If you're feeling like this too I want you to be able to sleep! Especially when you're pregnant because I can only imagine how annoying pregnancy insomnia is. Instead of focusing on what you don't want, focus on what you do want. 

So heere's a TTC and pregnancy mantra. Whenever you feel a little worried or think a scary, negative thought take a deep slow breath and read this. Things will be just fine. 

I will get pregnant and enjoy my pregnancy to the fullest. I will have a happy, healthy baby and I have the power to make right choices. I trust in my ability to be responsible for another life and I know I can make the right choices for my family. I will cope with sleep deprivation just fine and I won't let those six sexless weeks put a strain on my relationship. I will treat my body kindly, treat it with respect honor it's changes and not worry about the stretchmarks. I am a fabulous woman, wife and friend and I will be an awesome mom.

Everything will be okay in the end, if it's not okay then it's not the end.

I hope this made you feel better.
It definitely made me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill