Blog Archive

9.8.11

Not sure if your workout is save when you're TTC?

Everytime you're sweating and thinking you're going to die during Ripped in 30, you wonder if you could be pregnant this cycle. If you are, is what you're doing hurting your potential baby? When in doubt, just do what I do. Prenatal exercise. Yes, it may seem silly and not very challenging, but I can tell you from experience that a good prenatal exercise dvd definitely can be. Here's my two cents on the dvd's I tried.

Gabrielle Reece - Fit & Healthy Pregnancy Workouts

What amazone says: Custom-designed by Gabrielle Reece, her personal trainer Mike Monroe and approved by a leading OBGYN, FIT & HEALTHY PRENATAL WORKOUTS, safely and effectively condition your growing body by focusing on strengthening and stretching moves. With six 15-minute workouts, you ll always find time to work out. Stay fit and healthy while you increase your self-confidence and feel great throughout your first two trimesters.

What I say: This workout is definitely challenging! I was sweating like crazy and I like to think I'm in good shape.What I liked about this dvd is that the instructions are clear and I really did feel the burn. Gabrielle doesn't seem to know what's coming next, so you're figuring everything out with her and it's cool to see her belly grow. I like that the exercises are chopped up in 6 15-minute workouts. You can do them all, or just one or two everyday. Everyone has 15 to 30 minutes to spare in a day. What I didn't like is all the equipment you need! Not everyone has an exercise ball or exercise bands. Most people have weights, but it's not a catastrophe if you don't have them. The workouts will still be challenging without the weights, trust me. I wouldn't reccomend this workout to someone who has never worked out.


10 Minute Solution: Prenatal Pilates

What amazone says: No Time To Exercise? We have the solution for you – the 10 Minute Solution! Everyone can find at least ten minutes in their day, and we’ve developed 5 dynamic workouts that are just 10 minutes each. The workouts were designed to help you stay fit and healthy throughout your pregnancy. These compact workouts fit into even the busiest of schedules. Split them into 5 separate workouts or do them all together for one amazing, prenatal Pilates workout! Highlighted in the August 16th, 2007 issue of The New York Times, this DVD will allow you to modify your workouts to your pregnant body.

What I say: I actually really liked this one.  I thought this one was more fun than Reece's dvd. I love that I was sweating before the first workout was over. I love that the same workouts can be done after you have your baby. I love that she pays a lot of attention to the thighs and butt. This is definitely the workout I think is most suitable for everyone. Even if you don't know how to spell pilatus. You hardly need any workout equipment. Just a matt and weights. I love this one and I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm sticking to when I get my BFP

I hope I helped you at least a little. I'm not saying you should chuck your old workout routine and start doing these daily. But if you think you might have conceived, you could use these as your post ovulation workout dvd's...just to be save.

Have a great workout!

 Everything in this post is based on my personal experience with the dvd's. I have not been payed or anything. Honest to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill