Blog Archive

8.7.11

You can't hurry fate

Today I realized  we've been trying for 17 months now...crazy right? .  

I really enjoy the amounts of time me and my husband get to spend together and I do realize that once we have a child, we won't have this much time again. As much as I enjoy this, I really cannot wait to meet my baby. I can honestly say that I don't care if I have to wake up at 4am to cater to a puking child, I don't care if I don't remember what it's like to sleep in and I don't care that sex will be at the bottom of my to-do list . All I care about is meeting this child we've been waiting for for months. 

My mom reminded me that if I would've gotten pregnant the first month of trying, we'd have a 8 month old now. That's so crazy to think about. I can't imagine what my life would look like right now. I do think that when I first started this journey I wasn't as ready as I am now. 

I feel stronger, better, fitter, more energetic and more understanding of the journey we're about to embark. I'm kinda happy we didn't conceive earlier.
The timing wasn't really right and I still had some soul searching to do. If I did get pregnant this month, the timing couldn't be more perfect. Which means that annoying saying that you keep hearing over and over again when TTC - Everything happens at the right time - is true.

We just have to trust that we as TTCers are indeed waiting for it to happen at the right time and that we WILL have children, whether they be biological, or adopted. 

We won't stay childless forever.

(It won't feel as crappy when you think about it like this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill