Blog Archive

25.6.11

Insert douche doctor here

 BG mom Faith and bluntcard.com

I wish I could tell you about my joyous trip to my favorite place in the galaxy...the infertility clinic. But that would be a lie and you know lying is not my thing.
I went to the doctor today and it was yet another crap appointment. I think that hobo that sells newspapers next to the grocery store would be a better RE...No, I'm pretty sure he would be. Before I continue this rant, I want to point out that nothing has been done in any of our appointments. All he does is order blood test after bloodtest after bloodtest and tell me I'm fat. I know I'm not the skinniest girl in all the land. But seriously man, you don't have to tell me every single freakin' time. He told me that I needed to lose at least 25-30 pounds before he'll think about continuing our treatment. Because obviously I can't have a baby because I'm morbidly obese and can't stop shoving twinkies down my throat. Yes I've gained some weight. But people make me feel like a beached whale. I can honestly say I've never been this insecure in my entire life. Not even as a 12-15 year old. NEVER

But let's get back to what happened.

I told him I work out a lot (5 times a week) and I try not to eat like a trucker to which he replied "Don't all fat people think their weight gain isn't their fault? Go join Weight Watchers". Needless to say, I don't want to see him anymore nor do I want any medical help. I don't feel like it's helping us at all. It's only adding stress to an already stressful situation.

Maybe I was a bit naive -TTC has confronted me with my own naivity in ways I did not expect- , but when I set the date for my first appointment I was so excited! I thought that we could finally get this freakin' show on the stinking road. I really thought that this was the only thing standing between me and my baby.

Boy, was I wrong. I have no idea what to do next. I don't really want to try anymore. We're going on 17 months and I know it's nothing compared to what other people have gone trough in their infertility. 

But I'm starting to get pretty tired of this whole fertility doctor deal.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a few martini's to mix.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill