Blog Archive

2.5.11

Stop jinxing your damn future baby


In the Netherlands, we have this bogus holiday type thing called Queensday. The only good thing about it is that we get a day off and that people can pretty much sell stuff on every corner of every street without needing a license. I'm a proud bargain shopper so I love seeing what kind of junk people have to offer every year. This year was different though. I had my mind set on buying at least one useful baby product. I was walking around for 2 seconds when my eyes were drawn to this bouncy seat I saw in a high end baby store for 80 euro's ($118) last week.It doesn't do much but because it has a brand on it, they think they have the right to overprice the damn thing. But anyway I looked at it and said to MB (My hubby).."Omg..if it's like..15 euro's ($22) we need to buy it" To wich he replied "Doesn't it bring bad luck to buy baby stuff without having a baby or something?". The last thing we want to do is test our luck. So I kinda backed away from it and moved along. 

But then I thought, seriously Jill? I'm the least superstitious person I know, yet I back away from a baby product like it's invested by rats that carry the plague. I know I want a baby more than anything. But I need to get a grip.

I told MB that if the bouncy thing wasn't there anymore when we walk to the car, it'd totally be his fault lol. When it was time to go home I almost ran to the bouncy seat seller. When I asked her how much she wanted for it, she said 5 euro's! ($7). My money almost flew out of my pocket. You know you would've done the same. I also bought this cute baby suit thingy with ears for a euro. I just couldn't resist. I feel like I'll have a baby one day , whether it's a biological baby or an adopted one. So I'm going to need these things. If i'm supposed to have a kid, I will. Buying a harmless bouncy seat won't change my fate. So ignore those who tell you it's bad luck and you risk jynxing your baby/pregnancy. If you eventually do get pregnant, you'll have to spend less money if you bought them in the TTC stage.
 And yes, I'm totally making excuses for me - and you - to splurge on cute baby things.

I guess I'm "that" TTC-er now. In a couple of months our guest room will probably look like this:



If I ever find the time to organize it that is.
I've got to store my extremely irrational shopping decisions somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill