Blog Archive

21.4.11

Ex best-girlfriends


I'm not a big people person ,  I don't have a lot of friends. But there was a time when functioned like a normal person and I too - yes,  me. The anti-social wreck- had a best friend. We hung out together 24/7 and shared everything. But things took a turn for the worst when I got really sick and the whole infertility thing started to happpen. I haven't spoken to her since. I really regret pushing every single one away when I first heard the bad news. It's understandable of course, but I shouldn't have done it. I chose to be alone when I really shouldn't have been. I can't change the past, but the future is still anyone's game. I didn't want to contact everyone I used to hang out with because not having some of them in my life is quite a relieve actually. But I still miss this one friend.

That's why I decided to stop being such a bitter bitch and contact her to see if she was still interested in hanging out with me. She said yes and I'm actually nervous now! What if we have nothing in common? I've changed a lot since my stay in the hospital. What if she absolutely hates the new me? I can't believe I actually care about this. But I like feeling like a giddy teenage girl for the first time since I was about 9 years old. We'll just have to see how it goes. If we still click, I guess I'll have a friend. If not, then nothing has changed and that's good too.


If there's one thing I learned though, it's the importance of having at least one good friend in your life.
A friend that's not your husband that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill