Blog Archive

29.4.11

Cinema's and irrational shoe purchases



It's nice to live like a normal person every ones in a while and not live in two week secrements. Lately, i've been trying to do things I used to do before TTC in my attempt to find the old me back. When I started TTC, I tried to live like a "mom". Meaning, I stopped going out for drinks with friends, I spent my money sensibly. I didn't do a lot for me. I thought that if I did that, I'd ease in to motherhood. But since then, I realized that first of all, motherhood is hard. There's no real way to prepare for it. And second of all, even if I become a mom, I deserve me time. So Yeah, I bought these gorgeous shoes yesterday and I felt like me again. The woman that buys new shoes every couple of weeks, the girl who likes to get her nails done, the girl who loves to work out. The girls who happens to be a really big movie fanatic. I've been to the movies 3 times this week! These are small things, but I feel like me again! Shopping totally took my mind of my appointment with the fertility specialst May 12th. I was stressing out about it everyday until yesterday. It felt good to feel careless, even if it was just a minute. No uterus poking, no dissaproving looks, no uncertainty, no hating my body. Just lovely, careless fun. 


I should do this more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading my blog. Let me know what you think! - Jill